Vision & Values
Our purpose is to transform lives through offering food, shelter, hope and support to the most vulnerable and marginalised in our community.
- To empower personal change through the provision of food, encouragement and advice to the hungry;
- To empower personal change through the provision of emergency shelter and key working support to the homeless;
- To empower personal change through serving, providing community, learning and sharing our faith to those lacking hope.
VALUES AND BELIEFS
- Everything we do is motivated by God’s love;
- Everybody is of equal value and made in God’s image;
- Our service provision is available to all regardless of a person’s race, religion, gender, orientation or condition; and
- Human beings cannot be reduced simply to numbers or outcomes.
- We are a vehicle through which God’s Church in Bristol can effectively serve the poor;
- We believe God has called the Church in Bristol to provide the human and financial resources needed to care for the marginalised and vulnerable in our community;
- Service providers and service users all need a safe, supportive community to which they can belong and within which they can personally develop; and
- We believe in a culture of affirmation and encouragement, enabling us to become a healthy, self-sustaining community.
- God’s power and human resolve can bring about transformation of mind, body, spirit and relationships;
- Each person has a God given purpose for their lives and the potential to change so as to align with that purpose; and
- Personal independence and empowerment are better than creating and maintaining dependency.
- God is able to provide for all our needs;
- We seek to provide the opportunity for people to explore and/or deepen their relationship with God and the Christian Faith; and
- We daily and prayerfully ask God what He wants us to do, and for the courage to do it.
- We aim to maintain high professional standards in every aspect of our work;
- We seek to provide transparency and accountability in all we do;
- We are open to funding from all sources, without compromising our Christian ethos and identity or working practices and values.