Due to the coronavirus outbreak, the Life Course and Life Recovery Groups have stopped temporarily.
Existing service users are being supported and cared for remotely by Stuart and Ant and the LRG leaders.
Our Life Recovery project helps people recovering from addiction and abuse; teaching life skills, creating mutual support and nurturing people’s faith. It’s split into two parts: the Life Course and Life Recovery Groups.
The Life Course
The course contains four modules, each one lasting two weeks. The modules run on Tuesday and Friday afternoons from 1.30pm – 3.30pm.
- Module 1: Self Care
- Module 2: Mind Matter
- Module 3: Healthy Relationship
- Module 4: Life Management
The course is an abstinence-focused life skills programme aimed at adults (ages 25+) who are in early recovery and have completed a treatment programme. We will accept those who are reducing on a script.
This course is for those who:
- lack confidence and life skills
- have been homeless
- have been in active addiction
- suffer from mental health problems
- have a criminal record
- have been long term under-employed
BUT who want to make life changes and improve their lives.
- Each module supports a maximum class size of 12 and is offered free of charge.
- Students are expected to attend the whole course; they cannot pick and choose sessions or modules.
- Students will need to enrol before the course starts; it is important that a group begins and completes the course together, so students cannot join half way through.
- Students can self refer although it is preferred that your application is supported by a referral.