During the planned building refurbishment of the Wild Goose drop-in centre (AKA Sprucing the Goose), the Wild Goose is running a pop-up service next door at Stapleton Road Chapel. Due to the coronavirus outbreak the service of hot lunches, hot drinks and snacks is happening outside the chapel. Volunteers wear PPE and clients adhere to social distance rules.
Currently the pop-up is running Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays 11:30am – 1:30pm. If you are interested in volunteering please fill in this form: https://app.etapestry.com/onlineforms/CrisisCentreMinistries_1/placement_signup-1.html
The Wild Goose
The award-winning Wild Goose Drop-In Centre provides free hot meals, shower facilities, clothing and toiletries four days and six nights a week for those in extreme poverty and need. The centre also serves as a hub in signposting to appropriate voluntary and council services. Alongside this we provide volunteering opportunities and also access points for agencies working with this client group.
What we do
- Provide breakfast and lunch four days a week and an evening meal six nights a week for those in extreme poverty and need.
- Host advisory sessions about housing, finance, employment, health, citizens’ rights, alcohol and drug issues in partnership with local statutory and voluntary organisations.
- Host a weekly medical clinic (the ‘wet clinic’) for street drinkers;
- Provide appropriate work and support for volunteers; and
- Engage with young people and schools to increase awareness of homelessness issues and to raise support for inHope.
Find out more about volunteering in the Wild Goose here.
Contact: [email protected]